Curiocity is set to make South Bank its stage from March 12 to 28, celebrating all-things art, science, and technology with a range of epic installations across the city.
In the spirit of creativity, we’ve rounded up the most inventive foodie creations at South Bank. Go on, get drooling.
1. Tai Tai’s Deep Fried Ice Cream is the quirky cure to Brisbane’s breezy nights, made with caramelised banana, coconut, and a crispy ball of deep-fried ice cream. That’s right, ice cream that is DEEP-FRIED.
2. Happy Pops’ Waffles Pops are the delicious alternative to ice cream pops, if you ask us. Served on a stick just like an ice cream, you can pack these inventive morsels with your choice of chocolate and mouth-watering toppings.
3. Hop and Pickle’s Chicken Parmi Burger is imagination at its finest, pairing two of our lunch and dinner favourites: burgers and chicken parmy’s.
4. Harajuku Gyoza’s Cheeseburger Gyoza takes the humble cheeseburger to a whole new (inventive!) level, made with a mouth-watering cheeseburger filling that's wrapped in gyoza. We’ll take a dozen of these, thanks.
5. Cold Rock’s DIY Creations can be as wacky and creative as you like. Think: any flavour combination you can dream of paired with a range of mouth-watering mix-ins, from fruit to chocolate and lollies.
6. Fritzenberger’s Sugar Frites are an innovative spin on the classic French fries. These goodies are a cinnamon sugared churro-style fries coated with a hot Nutella sauce. Sold.
7. El Camino Cantina’s Popcorn Chicken Tacos are a combination from heaven, featuring popcorn chicken, lettuce, pico de galo and spicy chilli mayo *drools.*
8. Otto Ristorante’s Squid Ink Pasta, AKA the Mezze Maniche, features squid ink infused pasta, local bay squid, tomatoes, green olives and capers; and, if you ask us it’s just as delicious as it is ingenious.
9. Brooklyn Depot’s Mac and Cheese Hot Dog… need we say more? This epic creation features a mouth-watering hot dog topped with creamy, fresh mac and cheese. It’s so delicious it makes our tastebuds scream with joy.
10. Ahmets’ Lamb Dumplings are a clever Turkish take on dumplings. Made with lamb, garlic yoghurt and a paprika garlic sauce, you’re set for a delicious experience.