“Personal Information” is any information, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone, email address, postal or other physical address, cctv image, and occupation.
We are bound by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), which governs the way we handle personal information.
Collection of your Personal Information
We will generally tell you before we collect any Personal Information from you and inform you of the purpose of the collection. We primarily collect personal information:
– on the southbankcorporation.com.au and eatsouthbank.com.au websites (or links to third party sites through this primary site).
– in the Carpark
– on CCTV around the Precinct
– via our Security personnel
We may collect Personal Information about you from other sources. For example, when we collect Personal Information about you from third party service providers, such as our third-party parking system, multiScanhub.
Kinds of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following types of Personal Information.
- Leasing enquiries– When you lodge an enquiry to lease an area in one of our precincts, we may collect your name, phone number, email address and any other personal information that you choose to supply in a message to us.
- Leasing– When you enter into a lease with us we will be required to obtain all of the preceding types of contact information from you, as well as your title, occupation, details of your business and employees financial and trading information.
- Media enquiries– When you submit a media enquiry with us, you may choose to supply any of the above information, as well as your employer details.
- Events / venue hire– When you submit a request to host an event with us, we require you to provide us with your contact name, phone number, email address. Further details about the event such as budgetary requirements, food and beverage and management must also be submitted, and from this any individual may be able to be personally identified. You may also choose to provide us with your physical address.
- eNewsletter Subscription– If you would like to subscribe to our eNewsletter, we require your email address, first name, last name and postcode. You may also choose to supply your mobile number.
- Phone enquiries– Should you make any phone enquiries, we will collect your name, phone number and email address (where appropriate). Depending on the nature of your enquiry, we may also require further Personal Information from you.
- Competitions, promotions and surveys– If you participate in a competition, promotion, survey or other event that we are managing we may be required to collect your full name, email address, phone number and the details of your submission to the competition (that may contain Personal Information). It may be a mandatory condition of you engaging in any competition, promotion or offering, that you sign up to receive our eNewsletter.
- Subscribe– If you would like to subscribe to our Eat South Bank updates, we require your email address, first name, last name and postcode.
- General enquiries– If you would like to contact us about any matter, we require your first and last name, email address and details of your enquiry (which may contain Personal Information). You may also choose to supply us with your postcode or phone number.
– Precinct and carpark entry and surveillance – We use CCTV surveillance to continuously monitor our precinct (including Little Stanley Street, Grey Street, Parklands, commercial building common areas and back of house retail assets) and car park, and you acknowledge that we may capture images of you and those that are with you while you are in and around our precinct and car park location. Our security guards and car park personnel may also be required to request your full name, address and sight your driver’s licence.
If you use any of our websites, we may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns, trends and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website.
If you engage with us on any of our social media platforms, we may collect your Personal Information including things such as “likes”, comments posted, any of your oppositions or feedback, photos posted or uploaded and other information pertaining to your social media activities which concern or relate to us.
If you are engaged by us, we will also be required to collect your contact information, CV, resume or application related information, taxation, superannuation and payroll information (including your eligibility to work), medical or health information, performance related information, information collected from your referees.
We do not collect any sensitive information from you, except where you are an employee or contractor of SBC. Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that includes information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs or details of a person’s criminal records.
At or around the time of collecting that information from you, we will endeavour to provide you with a notice which details how we will use and disclose that specific information.
Purposes of Collection and Uses of Personal Information
Some of the Purposes of collection and uses of personal information:
- Leasing– to provide you with information about our leases, or entry into a lease with us
- Media– so that we may engage in media enquiries, and provide our comment
- Marketing / newsletters / promotional activities– registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions or allow us to personalise newsletters and websites to your preferences; to keep you up to date on the latest South Bank Corporation announcements, special offers, promotions and other information. This may occasionally include information from other South Bank business operators that can add value to your South Bank experience
- Events– processing your event request or registration.
- Surveys– participation in an online survey so that we may better provide our services to you. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- Payment service providers– to process any payment for a service (such as, without limitation, access to the car park) we may provide your Personal Information to a third party provider
- Social media and other interactions with us– participation in discussion groups or forums
- Carpark bookings – to manage our parking facilities, process your car space booking, process your payment of parking fees and facilitate your entry and exit of our carpark.
- CCTV– we may use any footage of you and others in our precinct and carpark for the purposes of:
- Protecting our property and visitors’ property;
- Notifying of any incidents or activity;
- Assisting in the investigation of crime, safety or legal matters;
- Implementing and enforcing exclusion notices with the assistance of the Queensland Police Service (QPS); and
- Identifying repeat offenders or “persons of interest” (POIs), including but not limited to proactively identifying POIs upon entry to the South Bank precinct.
- Persons engaged by us– to enter into an engagement for the employment or contracting of the person, and meeting our obligations at law (such as to payroll, superannuation and more) and for any matter directly relating to your employment or engagement
- Your account– to provide you with the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content; to allow you to provide customer feedback
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To meet contractual obligations.
We will only use your Personal Information in the way we specified when it was collected, or for a purpose directly related to fulfilling the primary purpose for which we collected your Personal Information. We will not subsequently change the way we use your Personal Information without your consent or unless we are required or authorised to do so by law. If we do not collect this Personal Information from you, we may not be able to provide you with our services, or answer your enquiry.
Sharing your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will only be disclosed to:
- personnel of South Bank Corporation (including employees, contractors and related bodies corporate);
- in connection with the sale of any part of our business or a company owned by us;
- third parties connected with the marketing process who assist us in providing you with our products and services (including competitions);
- contractors, agents or third party providers who may assist us in providing our products and services to you, including but not limited to any security services, IT service providers or financial service providers;
- State Government entities that are required to receive the Personal Information we collect in accordance with our obligations to them, including QPS or other law enforcement agencies;
- In the case of an individual engaged by us, Government agencies including but not limited to Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink and Child Support agency; worker’s compensation or superannuation companies
Except as provided herein, we do not provide your Personal Information to any external parties without your permission, except as required or authorised by law or it is reasonably necessary for an action of a law enforcement agency. We have rights pursuant to sections 83 and 84 of the South Bank Corporation Act 1989 to direct any person to leave a site, prevent that person’s re-entry to the site and notify the police of any such exclusion or damage to property.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for any purpose.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the parties that receive your Personal Information will not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was disclosed by us.
Cross Border Disclosure
We store your Personal Information on servers located in Australia. As we use service providers and platforms which may be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practical to know where your Personal Information may be held and disclosures may occur to other countries.
You give your express informed consent for us and our third party service providers to use your Personal Information for the purpose of Marketing / newsletters / promotional activities; Events; Surveys or Social media to provide you with our marketing communications, newsletters or information about events, products or services.
Each marketing communication includes instructions on how you may unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
You may also unsubscribe from South Bank Corporation’s various newsletters by sending a letter, including your name, email address and the title of the marketing material from which you wish to unsubscribe to:
firstname.lastname@example.org : or
South Bank Corporation
South Bank House
PO Box 2001
South Bank 4101
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
South Bank Corporation is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and measures appropriate to the information collected to help protect your Personal Information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You are entitled to ask us:
- whether we have control of any documents containing your Personal Information;
- type of Personal Information contained in documents;
- main purpose for which it was collected; and
- what you can do to obtain access to a document containing Personal Information about you.
You have a right to access Personal Information you have shared with us, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. If you would like to access your Personal Information, please let us know by email to email@example.com. For security reasons, we may require you to prove your identity.
South Bank Corporation reserves the right to charge a fee for retrieving and providing access to your Personal Information.
We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that our records of the Personal Information you have shared with us are accurate, relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading. However, we need your help in doing this. Please notify us of any changes to, or errors in, your Personal Information.
If you are a registered user, you may make these updates yourself online via the South Bank Corporation Profile Management Tool. You may also make these updates or request deactivation of your South Bank Corporation account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not complied with any of our obligations in handling your Personal Information, please lodge a complaint with us and we will consider your complaint and take steps to resolve it. If you are not satisfied with our decision, you may request a review from the Office of the Information Commissioner.
How to Contact Us
Modifications and Updates