Bid farewell to boring slow-cooked stews!
Winter is officially here and to celebrate, we’ve rounded up eight delicious dishes that you’ll want to cosy up to this month…
- Barossa Baked Camembert from The Jetty – Cheese lovers, this one’s for you! Picture gooey oven-baked camembert, topped with confit garlic and rosemary and served with red onion chutney, mixed nuts, and toasted sourdough toast.
- Beef Short Rib Ragu from Popolo – We’re not exaggerating when we say we’ll be eating this beef short rib pappardelle from Popolo on repeat this winter. Prepared with fresh pasta, tender short rib ragu and a generous sprinkling of grana padano, this dish can do no wrong.
- Birthday Beef Rendang Curry from Ma Pa Me – Snuggle up to a serve of Ma Pa Me’s warming beef rendang this season. One of our favourite Indonesian curries to date, this beauty is made with slow-cooked beef cheek, cumin, coriander seed, cinnamon, star anise, serundeng and coconut cream…
- Lentil Soup from Ahmet’s Turkish Restaurant – Leave that tin of tomato soup on the shelf! This traditional lentil soup from Ahmet’s is easily our new go-to AND comes with a serve of their freshly baked Turkish bread.
- Wild Mushroom and Truffle Gnocchi from Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers – In winter, we just can’t go past a bowl of fresh, pillowy gnocchi! Cooked in a sauce of wild mushroom, crushed porcini, Italian herbs, cream and a drizzle of truffle oil, this dish never disappoints.
- Cerdo En Hojaldre from Olé – If you love a traditional beef wellington, you need to try this lip-smacking Spanish dish ASAP! Think tender pork fillet cooked in pastry, with thyme, serrano ham, honey glazed baby carrots and Pedro Ximenez sauce (yum!).
- Beef Pho from Viet De Lites – A good pho is food for the soul and we won’t be told otherwise! Featuring thin slices of rare beef with flat rice noodles, sliced onions, broth, and fresh Asian herbs, this piping hot soup always hits the spot.
- Gumbo from Bourbon Street – A traditional Louisiana Creole dish, this stew is comfort food at its finest! A mix of capsicum, celery, bacon, chorizo, chicken thigh and rice, it’s everything you want and need on a cold winter’s day.