The school holidays are in full swing!
While this means the little ones are likely in celebration mode (cue the long summer days and sugar-filled meltdowns), we’re often left thinking “how on earth will I keep them entertained for the next four weeks.” Rest assured, parents! We’ve taken the hard work out of your summer holiday planning by rounding up five easy ways to entertain the fam over the school holidays… including your fur baby.
- Cool off with a dip at Streets Beach! The perfect riverside adventure on a hot summer’s day, mosey on over to Ben & Jerry’s, Happy Pop’s or The Great Aussie Sweet Company after a swim for a little something sweet (the ultimate form of bribery).
- Spike their curiosity with a trip to GOMA or The Queensland Museum. This summer, let their imagination run free while exploring the many activities and exhibitions on offer at Brisbane’s renowned Cultural Centre. To top off the experience, enjoy an epic Taco Tuesday fiesta at Mucho Mexicano or El Camino Cantina.
- Enjoy an outdoor picnic at Sunday Social! Dig out that picnic rug, grab the fur baby and head to River Quay Green for chilled tunes and killer views at Sunday Social. Pre-order a tasty picnic hamper from The Jetty, River Quay Fish or Aquitaine, or grab takeaway bites from one of your fave South Bank restaurants. You can sit back and feast while the kids get some needed play time (winning!).
- Park up at the Riverside Green Playground. Let the kids wear themselves out with a day spent climbing and exploring one of Brisbane’s greatest playgrounds. With plenty of quick and casual eateries nearby, an easy lunch awaits you at Riverside Café & Bar, Cosmos Café, Brooklyn Slice or Subway.
- Have a laugh at Karen’s Diner. Trying to brainstorm ways to entertain the teens? Let them show a bit of cheek at Karen’s Diner! Serving up a drool-worthy menu of burgers, fries, milkshakes and more (with a healthy side of sass), join them during their child-friendly hours from 11am to 6pm for a meal the kids won’t forget!