Attention, plant-based pals!
November is World Vegan Month and to celebrate, we’ve rounded up 10 dishes that will tempt even the faintest plant-based fan.
That’s right! We’re talking everything from loaded vegan burgers and saucy fries to beautiful pasta dishes…
- The Woozie Burger from Brooklyn Depot – Believe us when we say that this tastes nothing like your average plant-based burger! Juicy, saucy and simple, picture a toasted brioche bun topped with a succulent vegan patty, vegan cheese, oak lettuce, tomato and house made vegan sauce… perfection.
- Spiced Sweetcorn Fritters from The Jetty – The way to our heart? Through a serve of The Jetty’s spiced sweetcorn fritters of course! These crispy little balls of fried, sweetcorn batter topped with fresh, herby chimichurri really hit the spot.
- Plant Bowl from Mucho Mexicano – If you share our love for authentic Mexican cuisine but struggle to find a healthy (and tasty) vegan option, this dish is for you! This plant-packed bowl comes with marinated and shredded jackfruit, dirty rice, beans, pickles, avocado, pico de gallo, and green mole.
- Vegan Loaded Fries from Barbossa Bar – what this dish lacks in sophistication, it makes up for in flavour! A hefty stack of crispy fries, topped with spicy jalapenos, diced tomato, avocado and vegan aioli, this is our go-to Cheat Day meal.
- Can’t Believe It’s Not Chicken… Burger from Tippler's Tap – Curious about going vegan but can’t bear the thought of breaking up with your classic crispy chicken burger? Tippler’s Tap to the rescue! This loaded burger, made with a vegan "chicken" style patty, cheese, lettuce, pickles, and chipotle maple mayo tastes just like the real thing…
- Risotto from OTTO Ristorante – The masters of Italian cuisine have done it again with this traditional vegan-friendly risotto! Lovingly prepared and plated, this risotto – made with aged acquerello rice, pumpkin and sage – is delicate, flavourful and so delicious. Simply ask the staff for the vegan option!
- Vegan Burger from Southbeach – Fellow veggie fiends, this one’s for you! Topped high with lashings of roasted pumpkin, sweet potato, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant and mushroom, and finished with vegan mayo, vegan feta cheese, beetroot hummus and a side of fries, this burger will have you hitting your daily veg quota in just one bite.
- Tomate De Navarra from Ole – This is THE perfect dish for Spring, and we will not be told otherwise! Made with Navarro tomatoes, fennel, cucumber, chives, px vinegar, olive oil and house made potato crisps, this simple vegan starter will have you coming back for more.
- Mixed Mushroom Penne from South Bank Beer Garden – When the carb cravings come calling, head to South Bank Beer Garden for serve of their delicious plant-based penne! Prepared with mixed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, vegan pesto, cashew parmesan and toasted vegan bread, this pasta is truly food for the soul.
- Housemade Falafel from Baba Ganouj – Forget your dry, store-bought falafel! Baba Ganouj make their own falafel in house and you’re going to want to try a serve of this delicious, vegan-friendly dish ASAP…