Don’t hide indoors this summer!
The sun is shining and to help you make the most of the humidity (we know, the sweat is real!), we’ve rounded up ten delicious ways to beat the heat this season…
- Hand-crafted Gelato from Happy Pops – Ice-cold gelato on a scorching hot summer’s day, name a better duo! Serving an incredible range of customisable gelato pops, these artisanal desserts are easy on your taste buds and on your Instagram feed.
- Frozen Margaritas from El Camino Cantina – This month, we’ll be cooling off the only way we know how… with tasty tacos and sweet frozen margs at El Camino Cantina. Located nearby Streets Beach, the ultimate summer session awaits.
- Loaded Acai Bowl from OakBerry – Swim, read, acai, repeat… our only plan this summer! If you haven’t tried one of OakBerry’s loaded acai bowls, we recommend you grab a towel, pack a book and head to Street’s beach with one of their refreshing, fruity acai creations ASAP.
- Ice Cream from Ben & Jerry’s – The masters of epic ice cream - aka Ben & Jerry’s - have opened a dedicated scoop shop in Stanley Street Plaza and you can now grab your favourite ice creams on the go! We’re a die-hard fan of their half-baked ice cream (if you know, you know) …
- Frozen Desserts from Cold Rock – Mix and match your dream dessert at Cold Rock this summer. Keep it simple with a classic scoop of their ice cream or go wild by adding your favourite chocolates and candy… you know you want to!
- Fresh Oysters from River Quay Fish – Chilled oysters, a glass of sparkling and epic riverside views… need we say more? Celebrate the warm weather with a serve of River Quay Fish’s beautiful, natural oysters with mignonette and lemon.
- Fruit Salad from Poppies – Sometimes, you just can’t go past the basics! Enjoy brekky on the light side with a serve of Poppies seasonal fruit salad. Prepared with fresh fruits, coconut yoghurt and honey, this is an absolute winner on a hot day.
- Mixed Berry Yoghurt Frappe from Denim Co. – When the heat hits, we’re all about slurping our sustenance. Why not treat your tastebuds to one of Denim Co.’s signature mixed berry yoghurt frappe’s this summer!
- Tutti Frutti Bowl from Coco Bliss – Introducing our new favourite obsession this season… the Tutti Frutti bowl from Coco Bliss. Prepared with a mango acai base, vanilla coconut yoghurt, kiwi fruit, grapes, strawberry, orange, hemp seeds and granola, this bowl is seriously satisfying.
- Papaya Salad from Ma Pa Me – This papaya salad from Ma Pa Me is a must-try this season. Made with shredded green papaya, coriander, chilli, peanut, onion, oak lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a tangy chilli fish sauce dressing, what’s not to love?