Ladies and gentleman, we introduce to you the ultimate comfort food recipe from Tippler's Tap!
Seriously, we guarantee this hop-crusted buttermilk chicken burger with lager cheese and sour beer pickles will be your new obsession...
Serves 5 | Prep time 6 minutes (plus marinate overnight).
1 kg chicken thigh bone out, skin off
300ml franks buffalo hot sauce
20g garlic powder
20g onion powder
300g plain flour
300g corn flour
10g dried hops
200ml liquid American cheese
150ml lager beer
20g plain flour
½ tbs Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Sour Beer Pickles
500g gherkins sliced into coins
400ml sour beer
300ml pickling vinegar
2 garlic cloves
6g fennel seeds
5g chili flakes
6g mustard seeds
¼ bunch of dill
1 non-reactive container
5 seeded burger milk buns
100g of mesclun
2 ripe vine tomatoes sliced
1. Make a roux with the butter and flour
2. Add beer and cream slowly until combined
3. Remove from heat.
4. Mix in remaining ingredients.
5. Cool down.
1. Bring sour beer and vinegar to the boil in large pot.
2. Mix gherkins, dill, garlic, chili, fennel & mustard in the non-reactive.
3. Cover with hot beer/vinegar mix.
4. Seal and refrigerate.
1. Mix buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken fillets and hot sauce in a plastic container and refrigerate overnight.
2. Mix flour, corn flour, hops & salt in a container.
3. Remove chicken from marinate and generously coat in the hop & flour mix.
4. Deep fry chicken until golden and cooked thru.
1.Slice and toast buns.
2. Place a generous amount of mesclun on the bottom bun.
3. Add sliced tomato and fried chicken fillets.
4. Cover with generous amount of lager cheese.
5. Top it all with sour pickles and aioli.
6. Pop the top back on and enjoy.