We have so mush-room in our hearts for South Bank Beer Garden’s Mixed Mushroom Penne, a guaranteed crown-pleaser at your upcoming festive event.
400g vegan penne rigate
50g shitake mushroom
50g shimeji mushroom
50g button mushroom
3tbsp vegan pesto
3 tbsp cashew parmesan
10 cherry tomatoes halved
2 slices of vegan toast
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Bring 2 litres of water to boil in a large pot.
2. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, then add the 400g of vegan pasta.
3. Cook pasta for 10 minutes or according to the instructions of preferred pastas packaging.
4. When pasta is cooked, drain, and run under cold water. Ensure the pasta has cooled completely before the next step.
5. Slice all mushrooms and tomatoes.
6. Put 3 tbsp of olive oil in a pan, sauté garlic until brown.
7. Put the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Put 3 tbsp of vegan pesto, cook for 1 minute.
9. Put 2 tbsp of cashew parmesan and mix well.
10. Add the pasta and combines with the mushrooms, cherry tomato and pesto mixture.
11. Serve the dish in a round, deep plate.
12. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cashew parmesan over the pasta and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
13. Served with grilled bread on the side.