This recipe from Ole is a mouth-watering lamb and potato casserole with ancho chilli, guaranteed to spice up your next dinner party.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
1kg lamb shoulder
2 dried ancho pepper
5 cloves garlic
1 roast capsicum
250ml white wine
1. Soak the dried ancho peppers in water. After 1 hour in the water, take them out and scrape the meat out of the skin. Two tablespoons of ancho pepper meat are needed.
2. Put the lamb, cut into bite-size pieces and seasoned, in a casserole with olive oil and fry lightly until it is golden brown. Then, take them out of the casserole and put them on a side
3. In the same casserole add the onion and garlic, cook until tender. Add the lamb, potato, tomato, roast red capsicum, white wine, and salt, and cook slowly until the meat is tender.
4. Cook for 40 to 60 minutes, until meat is tender and cooked through.
5. Enjoy with friends and family at your festive event!