There's a new kid on the block, Indian and Persian Cuisines, and they've let us in on their top-secret Butter Chicken recipe, simplified for weeknight cooking.
1kg chicken thighs
1 brown onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 cups tomato sauce
2 cups cream
salt & pepper
coriander and yoghurt for garnish
1. Heat up two tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat. Dice chicken and cook until all sides are browned.
2. Heat up another tablespoon of butter. Dice onion and cook for two minutes. Add four cloves of minced garlic and all spices, exclusding salt and pepper.
3. Add the tomato paste and simmer the mixture for seven minutes. Add cream and simmer for a further ten minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Add salt, pepper and butter to taste before serving.
5. Garnish with corainder and yoghurt of choice.