Winter is well and truly upon us, which means it is time to warm up with soup, glorious soup. This season, settle in to the cool weather with this hearty pumpkin soup from the team at Hop and Pickle...
1 large jap pumpkin
3 large brown onions
2 litres chicken stock or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons plain flour
- Peel and roughly chop the pumpkin.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Place pumpkin and onion in a pot with stock and boil until all is soft.
- Blitz with stick blender until smooth.
- Add tomato paste and mix in.
- Make a raw roux using melted butter and flour. Add to blended ingredients.
- Blitz with a stick blender. It should be extra thick at this time.
- Thin out with cream and sherry until desired thickness.
- Heat and serve.