Celebrate the start of summer with a bang, as South Bank is transformed into a hub of all foods refreshing and summer-worthy. Along with scoffing watermelon and sipping on iced bevvies, here are 10 eats to beat the summer heat.
1. Boost Juice’s Berry Crush is a must, filled to the brim with a summer blend of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and sorbet.
2. Eating regular water not cutting it? Happy Pops Mango Sorbet has your back, featuring an icy mixture of fresh locally sourced mango and general mouth-watering goodness.
3. El Camino Cantina dish up lip-smackin’ frozen margaritas to pair with your Mexican feast; and with flavour combinations like mango and raspberry, you’re certainly in for a treat.
4. River Quay Fish knows that it isn’t an Aussie summer without freshly shucked oysters! Grab half a dozen with lemon and you’ll be the envy of all.
5. For the love of parmigiana! South Bank Beer Garden serve up the ultimate Parmigiana, with Napoli sauce, cheese and bacon, a Queensland winner.
6. Treat yourself to any of Mister Paganini’s new range of Spritzes, and you’ll be cheering. I mean come on, we’re talking Pimms Spritz, people!
7. We all scream for New Zealand Natural’s Berry Haven ice cream! This sundae features all the deliciousness of three scoops of berry ice cream, whipped cream and fresh berries.
8. Zeus’ summer menu is seriously bringing the good stuff! Our top pick? The Kalimera Pita, with calamari, tomato, cos lettuce and garlic aioli.
9. Acai= delicious. Fresh fruit= delicious. A fresh Acai Bowl from Coco Bliss? Oh my! Enjoy one of their many Acai Bowls filled to the brim with the good stuff like fresh fruit, icy acai, peanut butter and cocoa.
10. East by Middle East know a good dessert when they create it! Cue their Faloodeh and Saffron Ice Cream, the perfect combination of vermicelli noodles, semi-frozen rose water and lemon juice, and saffron ice cream.