Kick start your 2023 health goals with this authentic moudardara recipe from Baba Ganouj!
A tasty and nutritious vegan dish that's packed with protein, it's become our new meal-prep obsession...
3 tablespoons extra virgin oil
400g brown lentil
2 tablespoons salt
300g long grain rice
2 diced onions
1 litre water
- Rinse the lentils with cold water and drain.
- Rinse the rice with warm water and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the rinsed lentils and water to a pot with the salt and boil them.
- While the lentils are cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the diced onion into it. Stir the onion until they brown and begin to caramelise.
- Add the caramelised onion and the strained rice to the boiling lentils, and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Once the rice and lentils are cooked and the water is evaporated, remove from the heat.
- Serve the moudardara hot with a fattoush salad and pickled vegetables or enjoy cold!
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves 4 people