Whether the summer rain is making an appearance, your office AC is Antarctic or you’re just straight-up craving something gluttonous, South Bank is a haven of comfort food options.
Without further ado, we present you with some of the best comfort foods to get your hands on at South Bank.
1. Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers know what’s up when it comes to delectable food, with an entire menu dedicated to moreish gnocchi and Italian desserts. We suggest you get your hands on their Wild Mushroom & Truffle Gnocchi and pair it with Sicilian Cannoli.
2. SUKI have the comfort food goods, all minus the guilt. We suggest their pork bowl, made with mouth-watering warm pork belly, cabbage, corn, edamame, onion, coriander and zucchini. We’re sold.
3. Subway’s best kept secret is now revealed: their Cheesy Garlic Toastie. Made fresh to order with garlic and stringy mozzarella, you’re set to have all them comfort feels from the inside out, after one bite.
4. Nando’s know a thing or two when it comes to a wholesome feed. Our top pick? The Paella, a combination of their famous grilled peri-peri chicken, tomato, onion, green capsicum and spicy rice.
5. Fritzenberger’s whole menu is something to seek comfort in. We suggest you get your hands on their Buttermilk Chicken Burger with Southern-fried chicken, lettuce tomato and spicy mayo; if you’re feeling a little extra, you'll want to try their mouth-watering Mac n Cheese balls too.
6. Burger Urge aren’t only burger aficionados, but also know a thing or two about a mouth-watering snack. Their Brisket Bites consist of three croquettes filled with pulled brisket, cheese, jalapenos and are served with pickles, mustard and ketchup. YUM.
7. Denim Co’s cabinet window is a sweet-lovers dream, filled to the brim with fresh cakes, pastries and biscuits. We suggest you try their caramel slice, which also happens to be gluten free, dairy free, vegan and sugar free… and totally delicious, too.
8. Brooklyn Depot is a gluttonous haven, really. Their Bacon Waffle Sundae is no exception, featuring a bacon-infused waffle topped with vanilla ice cream, a bourbon-vanilla glaze crushed pecans and more deliciousness.
9. Main Street Market brings the most epic doughnuts to South Bank, with a new selection available daily. So, why not go down each day and try a new one? Yep, we’ll be there too.
10. Dot Espresso do banana bread, and they do it damn well. There’s nothing quite like a mouth-watering warm piece of the stuff with a fresh layer of butter when you need it most. Get there STAT before we take it all.