It’s that time of year again. You know, when we’re scrambling to book a lunch or dinner that truly honours the number one guy in our lives.
We’re here to help, with ten restaurants that are sure to impress your old man this Father's Day. Hot tip, bookings are recommended.
1. Treat dad to a delicious Father’s Day BBQ feast at The Charming Squire and he will receive a free limited edition James Squire schooner gift box. Score.
2. Show Dad how much he means to you with a lip-smackin’ Caribbean feast at Barbossa Bar. The best part? $1 from every main meal will be donated to Beyond Blue to support men’s health.
3. If a good old Sunday roast sounds like it’s up your Dad’s alley, then get yourself to Hop and Pickle. They will be serving up traditional roasts all day long, complete with an extensive list of delicious brews to match.
4. Set up a picnic blanket at South Bank’s River Quay and treat Dad to River Quay Fish’s tasty takeaway seafood menu, featuring fish tacos, Moreton baby bugs and oysters, to name a few.
5. The Kings Feast at Ahmet’s, AKA heaven in a banquet, is sure to impress. For just $49 per person, you can enjoy seven delectable courses featuring Turkish bread and dips, Ahmet’s Famous Mixed Grill, Lamb Steak Pide and more.
6. For the love of Italian fare and picnics! Popolo will knock Dad’s socks off with one of their picnics, with options beginning at $79. From antipasto to pizza and fries, these hampers are packed with the goods.
7. Yep, it’s another picnic hamper. And it’s a damn delicious one. The Jetty will be sure to honour your special man in style, with their picnic hampers beginning at $45 featuring antipasto, toasted pita, sweetcorn fritters and more. Yes please.
8. A multi-course feast screams celebration, and Baba Ganouj’s Mezza Banquet for $50 per person is no exception. From delectable dips and cheese pastries to mouth-watering skewers and baklava, this will make Dad happy.
9. Is Dad a little bougie? Aquitaine’s French Culinary Journey Menu is for him. With your choice of two-courses ($40), 3-courses ($50) or four-courses ($60) including entrees, mains or dessert, this is one must-try French foodie experience, with the luxe River Quay vibes to match.
10. Name a more iconic duo than Fritzenberger’s chicken wings and beers on Father’s Day? We’ll wait. Head there before 6pm this weekend and receive a two-hour beer and wings package for just $48pp. Deal.