Expand your cooking repertoire with this incredible blue hued Nasi Goreng Kerabu from our new kid on the block La De Lah!
Box 1 - Herb, chopped
20g Viet Mint
5g Kaffir Lime Leaves
5g Thai Basil
10g Turmeric Leaves
5g Ginger Torch Flower
Box 2 – Dry
10g Desiccated Coconut, toasted
5g Fried Shallot
Fried Sambal Belacan
Mix Herb, whole
Pickles – any kind
1. In wok: heat oil, place in rice first to coat with oil then add in box 1 herbs – toss to get flame flavour and aromatised herbs.
2. Add in fish sauce and season to taste.
3. Take off flame and toss in box 2 items.
4. Place in bowl to turn upside down onto plate.
5. Plate rice in middle and surround condiments over.
La De Lah Butterfly Pea Flower Rice
1kg Thai Fragrant Jasmine
1000g Water – if using fresh flower, soak in this water and use the water
20g Butterfly Pea Flower – powder or actual flower
3 stalk Lemongrass, bashed
2 blade Pandan Leaves
20g Ginger, paysanne
1 Onion, julienne
2g Fenugreek Seeds
1 stalk Cinnamon
3 pcs Star Anise
1. Wash and rinse rice until water runs clear.
2. Mix all ingredients into a rice cooker or on a steam tray.
3. Cook accordingly to rice cooker instructions OR steam on high for 30 mins.