Brisbane Festival is in full swing, with an epic line-up of events sure to work up your appetite. We’ve got you covered from picnics through to dinner, with the ultimate roundup of BrisFest bites at South Bank.
For a picnic…
1. Ahmet’s do takeaway, and they do it well. Grab a few pides and meze, head to the Parklands and enjoy! Plus, they’re giving you 15% off the entire takeaway menu. Score.
2. Get your hands on Popolo’s famous picnic hamper for just $79, and soak in the stunning River Quay city and river views. Instagram worthiness guaranteed here.
3. Fancy some fish and chips? River Quay Fish have you covered with their Family Takeaway Hamper for $89, including fish, chips, calamari, prawns, Moreton Bay bugs, slaw and select wine. Ooh la la.
1. Join The Charming Squire’s Brewhouse from 1pm daily for three share plates for $40 or five share plates for $60, with the purchase of a James Squire Mega Jug, select Cocktail Carafe or bottle of Mumm Champagne. Yum.
2. We like Hop and Pickle’s buns and we cannot lie. Enjoy one of their delectable burgers and a schooner of beer for just $18, and top it off with a brownie and ice cream for $6.
3. Delight in Aquitaine’s Bottomless Lunch Menu starting at $85, including options for two or three-courses of mouth-watering French fare and the champagne to match. Good times guaranteed.
4. We love pub classics, and so do South Bank Beer Garden and South Beach Social. Enjoy the burger of the month or a Thai beef salad with a house beer or wine for $20 at South Bank Beer Garden, or purchase any pizza or wagyu beef and bacon pie with a house beer or wine for just $20 at South Beach Social.
1. If you’re looking for a wholesome feast, Barbossa Bar is the go. Get your hands on a homestyle chicken shnitty and a pint of Red Stripe for just $25.
2. Oh, how we love pasta in the form of gnocchi! Receive any gnocchi of choice (not including specials) and a glass of 150ml Spritz or house wine for $22 at Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers.
3. Tai Tai will choose a selection of their most popular dishes for you for just $45. Yep, it’s as good as it sounds and only requires a minimum of four people. We'll cheers to this!